The drop fade haircut is a popular variation of the classic fade. Like the name suggests, this type of fade drops low and behind the ear, creating a somewhat curved taper fade. Given the shape of a man’s head, the arc-shape of the drop fade provides a more natural and even look. You can even ask your barber to drop the fade lower in the back closer to your neckline, resulting in a low drop fade. For an edgy version with contrast, consider the high drop fade or drop fade undercut. Because fade haircuts are so versatile, they look good with all of the most popular men’s hairstyles.
While Black, White, Hispanic, and Asian men all have different types of hair, the drop fade works for all guys. How dope the cut looks on you ultimately depends on how skilled your barber is in fading your Afro, curls, waves, comb over, quiff, pompadour, or textured hairstyle into your sides.
Let’s explore the best drop fade haircuts for ideas and inspiration!
- 1 Top Drop Fade Haircuts
- 1.1 Low Drop Fade
- 1.2 Drop Fade Afro
- 1.3 High Drop Fade + Curly Hair on Top
- 1.4 Drop Fade + Waves
- 1.5 Low Skin Drop Fade + Slicked Back
- 1.6 High Bald Drop Fade + Shape Up + Buzz Cut
- 1.7 Drop Top Fade + Line Up + Beard
- 1.8 Pompadour + Drop Fade Undercut + Hair Design
- 1.9 Low Drop Fade + Short Quiff
- 1.10 Low Fade + Line Up + Short Curly Hair
- 1.11 Mid Drop Fade + Hard Part Comb Over
- 1.12 Bald Drop Fade + Thick Sponge Twists
- 1.13 High Drop Fade + Faux Hawk
- 1.14 Quiff + Low Razor Fade + Beard
- 1.15 Undercut with Drop Fade + Thick Brush Back
- 1.16 Drop Skin Fade + Short Curls
- 1.17 High Taper Drop Fade + Textured Slick Back
- 1.18 Drop Taper + Curly Hair
- 1.19 Hard Side Part + Low Drop Fade + Beard
- 1.20 Low Skin Fade + Edge Up + Long Afro
Top Drop Fade Haircuts
If you’re searching for a stylish way to change up the traditional taper fade you get at your barbershop, check out our collection of cool drop fade haircuts below to see if this type of fade is right for you!