The faux hawk, also known as the fohawk, has rapidly become one of the most popular fade haircuts for men. The reason may be that the faux hawk haircut is trendy and edgy, like the mohawk, but still acceptable in a formal or professional office setting. Ultimately, the fohawk fade is a versatile and intriguing men’s hairstyle that epitomizes modern masculinity.
For inspiration and ideas, check out the best faux hawk fade hairstyles in 2018. Whether you have short, medium or long hair, want to get a taper fade or undercut on the sides, or prefer to pair the look with a cool design or beard, you guys will love these new fohawk cuts and styles!
- 1 What Is A Faux Hawk?
- 2 How To Style A Faux Hawk
- 3 Best Hair Products For A Faux Hawk
- 4 Top Men’s Faux Hawk Styles
- 4.1 High Skin Fade + Short Fohawk
- 4.2 Faded Faux Hawk + Line Part
- 4.3 Long Fohawk + High Undercut Fade + Beard
- 4.4 High Bald Fade + Spiky Faux Hawk
- 4.5 Disconnected Undercut Faux Hawk
- 4.6 Low Taper Fade + Textured Faux Hawk + Colored Hair
- 4.7 Faux Mohawk + Fade + Line Up
- 4.8 Messy Faux Hawk Styles + Low Taper Fade + Beard
- 4.9 Classic Tapered Sides + Textured Fohawk
- 4.10 Wavy Hawk + Mid Shaved Sides + Full Beard
- 4.11 Mid Fade + Messy Faux Hawk
- 4.12 Mid Razor Fade + Textured Hawk + Line
- 4.13 Short Faux Hawk + Low Skin Burst Fade
- 4.14 David Beckham Faux Hawk
- 4.15 Faux Hawk Style + Short Sides + Full Beard
- 4.16 Textured Bro Hawk + Low Bald Fade
- 4.17 Burst Fade Faux Mohawk
- 4.18 Long Faux Hawk Hair + Mid Taper Fade
- 4.19 Layered Faux Hawk + Low Fade + Full Beard
- 4.20 Tapered Sides + Spiky Hawk + Hipster Beard
- 4.21 Low Fade + Shape Up + Short Spiky Fohawk
- 4.22 Wavy Fohawk + Undercut
- 4.23 Tapered Burst Fade + Spiky Mohawk
- 4.24 Thick Full Faux Hawk + Classic Taper
- 4.25 Short Fohawk + Skin Fade + Thick Beard
- 4.26 Modern Fohawk
- 4.27 Short Hawk + Cool Hair Design
What Is A Faux Hawk?
The term “faux hawk” literally means “fake hawk”. This is because the faux hawk is similar to the Mohawk, but offers more styling options. To cut a faux hawk, instead of buzzing or shaving the sides of your head, ask your barber for a taper fade on the sides with longer hair on top.
Whether you get a low or high fade fohawk is entirely up to you, and the same goes for how long or short you cut the hair on top. The long and short faux hawk haircuts below will give you an idea of what style will look best on you.
How To Style A Faux Hawk
To style a faux hawk or fohawk and create the Mohawk look, you must start by towel drying your hair. Using a styling product such as hair gel, wax, pomade, or mousse, run your hands through your hair, spiking or lifting your hair up. Now flatten your hair on the sides and on top, leaving only the hair in the middle spiked up. You can even direct some of the hair on top towards the middle.
Best Hair Products For A Faux Hawk
The best faux hawk styling products are generally pomades, waxes and clays that offer a strong hold. For a shiny finish on thick hair, we recommend using a good pomade from brands like Suavecito, Layrite, and Baxter of California. For a more natural, textured finish that allows movement and volume, apply a hair wax before styling. A good hair wax will provide a solid hold without stiffness, and increase the fullness of your hairstyle. A molding clay or cream can give you the same control and texture.
Here are some of the top-rated hair products for styling a faux hawk!
|Suavecito Pomade Firme (Strong) Hold 4 oz||2,575 Reviews||$12.99||Buy Now|
|Layrite Pomade, Super Hold, 4.25 Ounce||262 Reviews||$18.00||Buy Now|
|Baxter of California Clay Pomade, 2 fl. oz.||807 Reviews||$23.00||Buy Now|
|Hair Styling Fiber for Men - Pliable Molding Wax Product with Medium Hold & Minimal Shine - For...||773 Reviews||$12.32||Buy Now|
|Hair Styling Clay for Men – Pliable Molding Cream with Matte Finish – Product for Textured,...||1,235 Reviews||$13.97||Buy Now|
Top Men’s Faux Hawk Styles
Here are the best faux hawk hairstyles to get this year! From short and long faux hawk fades to variations of modern fohawk styles, check out these cool cuts before you visit your barber!