The faux hawk, also known as the fohawk, has rapidly become one of the most popular fade haircuts for men. The reason may be that the faux hawk haircut is trendy and edgy, like the mohawk, but still acceptable in a formal or professional office setting. Because it is less intense than a mohawk hairstyle yet just as stylish and cool, the faux hawk makes for a great hairstyle idea for guys. Ultimately, the fohawk fade is a versatile and intriguing men’s hairstyle that epitomizes modern masculinity.
For inspiration and ideas, we’ve compiled a list of the best faux hawk fade hairstyles. Whether you have short, medium or long hair, want to get a taper fade or undercut on the sides, or prefer to pair the look with a cool design or beard, you guys will love these new fohawk cuts and styles!
- 1 What Is A Faux Hawk?
- 2 How To Style A Faux Hawk
- 3 Popular Faux Hawk Haircut Styles
- 3.1 Faux Hawk Fade
- 3.2 Faux Hawk Undercut Fade
- 3.3 Low Fade Fohawk
- 3.4 High Skin Fade + Short Fohawk
- 3.5 Messy Faux Hawk
- 3.6 Short Faux Hawk Taper
- 3.7 Faded Faux Hawk + Line Part
- 3.8 Long Fohawk + High Undercut Fade + Beard
- 3.9 High Bald Fade + Spiky Faux Hawk
- 3.10 Disconnected Undercut Faux Hawk
- 3.11 Low Taper Fade + Textured Faux Hawk + Colored Hair
- 3.12 Faux Mohawk + Fade + Line Up
- 3.13 Messy Faux Hawk Styles + Low Taper Fade + Beard
- 3.14 Classic Tapered Sides + Textured Fohawk
- 3.15 Wavy Hawk + Mid Shaved Sides + Full Beard
- 3.16 Mid Fade + Messy Faux Hawk
- 3.17 Mid Razor Fade + Textured Hawk + Line
- 3.18 Short Faux Hawk + Low Skin Burst Fade
- 3.19 David Beckham Faux Hawk
- 3.20 Faux Hawk Style + Short Sides + Full Beard
- 3.21 Textured Bro Hawk + Low Bald Fade
- 3.22 Burst Fade Faux Mohawk
- 3.23 Long Faux Hawk Hair + Mid Taper Fade
- 3.24 Layered Faux Hawk + Low Fade + Full Beard
- 3.25 Tapered Sides + Spiky Hawk + Hipster Beard
- 3.26 Low Fade + Shape Up + Short Spiky Fohawk
- 3.27 Wavy Fohawk + Undercut
- 3.28 Tapered Burst Fade + Spiky Mohawk
- 3.29 Thick Full Faux Hawk + Classic Taper
- 3.30 Short Fohawk + Skin Fade + Thick Beard
- 3.31 Modern Fohawk
- 3.32 Short Hawk + Cool Hair Design
What Is A Faux Hawk?
The term “faux hawk” literally means fake hawk. Similar to the mohawk, the faux hawk hairstyle offers more styling options. To cut a faux hawk, instead of buzzing or shaving the sides of your head, ask your barber for a taper fade on the sides with longer hair on top.
Whether you get a low or high fade fohawk is entirely up to you, and the same goes for how long or short you cut the hair on top. The long and short faux hawk haircuts below will give you an idea of what style will look best on you.
How To Style A Faux Hawk
To style a faux hawk or fohawk and create the Mohawk look, you must start by towel drying your hair. Using a styling product such as hair gel, wax, pomade, or mousse, run your hands through your hair, spiking or lifting your hair up. Now flatten your hair on the sides and on top, leaving only the hair in the middle spiked up. You can even direct some of the hair on top towards the middle.
Popular Faux Hawk Haircut Styles
Faux Hawk Fade
This faux hawk fade starts with very short sides and finishes with long, messy spikes on top. The natural, textured look offers good volume and flow, and should be styled with a matte product like pomade or wax.
Faux Hawk Undercut Fade
This undercut faux hawk is paired with thick hair and a full beard. As one of the best hairstyles for men with thick hair, the fohawk can be styled in many ways.
Low Fade Fohawk
This low fade faux hawk features a thick shaved line on the sides and a thick beard. The short to medium spikes are rebellious and hot, emphasizing the styling on top.
High Skin Fade + Short Fohawk
This high fade faux hawk is styled with short hair. With a bald fade on the sides that blends directly into the skin for an edgy look, this good-looking men’s faux hawk hairstyle is super fashionable and easy to get.
Messy Faux Hawk
This messy faux hawk requires longer hair. Tousled and textured for natural flow and movement, the low fade on the sides emphasizes the length on top. Use hair cream, wax or clay for control and low shine.
Short Faux Hawk Taper
The fohawk taper is one of the most popular haircut styles for guys. This taper is buzzed around the ears and drops down to the neck for a clean cut look. The short faux hawk on top is spiked in the front with the rest of the hair styled forward, making it dapper and dashing.
Faded Faux Hawk + Line Part
Long Fohawk + High Undercut Fade + Beard
High Bald Fade + Spiky Faux Hawk
Disconnected Undercut Faux Hawk
Low Taper Fade + Textured Faux Hawk + Colored Hair
Faux Mohawk + Fade + Line Up
Messy Faux Hawk Styles + Low Taper Fade + Beard
Classic Tapered Sides + Textured Fohawk
Wavy Hawk + Mid Shaved Sides + Full Beard
Mid Fade + Messy Faux Hawk
Mid Razor Fade + Textured Hawk + Line
Short Faux Hawk + Low Skin Burst Fade
David Beckham Faux Hawk
Faux Hawk Style + Short Sides + Full Beard
Textured Bro Hawk + Low Bald Fade
Burst Fade Faux Mohawk
Long Faux Hawk Hair + Mid Taper Fade
Layered Faux Hawk + Low Fade + Full Beard
Tapered Sides + Spiky Hawk + Hipster Beard
Low Fade + Shape Up + Short Spiky Fohawk
Wavy Fohawk + Undercut
Tapered Burst Fade + Spiky Mohawk
Thick Full Faux Hawk + Classic Taper
Short Fohawk + Skin Fade + Thick Beard
Short Hawk + Cool Hair Design