Getting the best black men haircuts can be tricky. With so many cool black men’s hairstyles to choose from, with good haircuts for short, medium, and long hair, picking just one cut and style at the barbershop can be hard. However, the top hairstyles for black men seem to incorporate a low, mid or high fade haircut with some kind of fresh styling on top.
From short buzz cuts and waves to box and Afro fades to curls and twists, haircut styles for black men have never been so fresh and trendy. Black guys can even create their own unique cuts and styles by combining a taper fade and design on the sides, a shape up at the hairline, and a textured top.
From the buzz cut to the burst fade mohawk to the high top fade, here are 51 popular haircuts for black men. Any black man will be inspired by these badass long and short hairstyles!
- 1 Best Black Guy Haircuts To Try in 2019
- 2 Line Up Haircut
- 3 Long Top, Short Sides
- 4 Temple Fade with Sponge Twists
- 5 Twisted Curls with Blow Out Fade
- 6 High Skin Fade with Twists
- 7 Faux Hawk Fade
- 8 Frohawk
- 9 Low Fade with Twists
- 10 Line Up with Waves
- 11 Faux Hawk with Blonde Sponge Twists
- 12 Short Buzz Cut
- 13 Burst Fade Mohawk + Thick Beard
- 14 Temp Fade + Sponge Twists
- 15 Low Taper Fade + Juice Cut + Beard
- 16 Box Fade
- 17 Buzz Cut + Line Up + Full Beard
- 18 Waves + Fade
- 19 High Skin Fade + Curly Twists
- 20 Dreadlocks
- 21 360 Waves + Shape Up
- 22 Drop Fade + Curls
- 23 Low Afro Fade + Long Twists
- 24 Cornrows
- 25 High Top Fade + Shape Up
- 26 Thick Curly Hair
- 27 Burst Fade + Thick Twists + Hair Design
- 28 Long Kinky Hair + Full Beard
- 29 Curly Afro + Long Beard
- 30 High Bald Fade + Designs + Short Afro
- 31 Low Taper Fade + Short Textured Hair
- 32 Thick Afro + Fade + Goatee
- 33 High Drop Fade + Crew Cut + Beard Fade
- 34 High Fade + Line Up + Cool Beard Design
- 35 Bald Fade + Surgical Part + Short Twists
- 36 Low Drop Fade + Edge Up + Afro
- 37 Bald Fade + Short Kinky Hair + Full Beard
- 38 Shape Up
- 39 Line Up Taper
- 40 Skin Fade with Waves
- 41 Taper and Hard Part with Wave Cut
- 42 High Fade with Disconnected Part
- 43 Buzz Cut with Beard
- 44 Curly Faux Hawk
- 45 Flat Top
- 46 Short Clean Cut
- 47 Skin Fade with Curls
- 48 Low Skin Fade
- 49 High Fade with Curls
- 50 Fade with Beard
- 51 Hard Part with Cool Twists
Best Black Guy Haircuts To Try in 2019
If you want to look clean and fresh for 2019, check out the latest cool black haircuts, including the afro, flat top, dreads, frohawk, curls and the line up haircut. Combine all these styles on top with a taper fade on the sides and you’ll have one of the most popular hairstyles of any black guy.
Whether you’re looking for a temp fade to go with your naturally curly hair, a retro look with an edge up to show off your long hair on top, or a low burst fade mohawk for a modern flair, you’ll love this collection of black haircuts!
Line Up Haircut
Long Top, Short Sides
The burst fade mohawk has been trending strong. This sweet short sides, long top hair trend allows guys to choose from the different types of fades (high, low, mid, bald) and determine whether they want their mohawk to be wide, thin, short, medium or long. Ultimately, the mohawk fade is a badass cut and style women will love!
Temple Fade with Sponge Twists
Twisted Curls with Blow Out Fade
Fresh twisted curls combined with a low fade make this style look good.
High Skin Fade with Twists
The high skin fade on the sides creates a stylish profile that really highlights the twists on top.
Faux Hawk Fade
The awesome haircut design on the sides makes this faux hawk fade a hot look for any guy with thick curls.
This frohawk style is ideal for guys who want a short cut on the sides but a long Afro on top.
Low Fade with Twists
This low skin fade, line up, and short spongy twists offers young black boys a modern cut and style that’s sure to impress anywhere!
Line Up with Waves
Adding waves to any buzz cut provides another trendy dimension. And the thick, full beard makes for a very classy look.
Faux Hawk with Blonde Sponge Twists
Another sick hairstyle for black men, this example combines a modern bald fade with thick sponge twists.