Medium length hairstyles for men are very popular these days. Arguably one of the hottest men’s hairstyles of 2018, medium length haircuts offer more flexibility in styling than both short or long hairstyles. Medium hairstyles can vary from the pompadour to the side part but can also encompass a messy, natural look.
Unfortunately, most men avoid medium length hair because they are afraid of the upkeep. However, as we mentioned above, the disheveled or natural shaggy look is great for everyday, while some styling with pomade or wax can be used for special events.
If you’re curious about the hottest ways to style medium haircuts and need some inspiration before visiting the barbershop, check out our cool cuts and styles!
- 1 How To Style Men’s Medium Hair
- 2 Best Men’s Medium Haircuts
- 2.1 High Quiff + Low Fade
- 2.2 Undercut + Wavy Fohawk
- 2.3 Long Slick Back Undercut + Beard
- 2.4 Messy Textured Medium Length Top + Classic Tapered Sides
- 2.5 Long Comb Over + Part + Low Fade
- 2.6 Textured Crop + Heavy Fringe
- 2.7 Medium Length Side Part
- 2.8 Textured Modern Quiff + Line Up + Beard
- 2.9 Pompadour Fade + Thick Part
- 2.10 Mid Shaved Sides + Textured Faux Hawk
- 2.11 Undercut + Hard Part Comb Over + Cool Beard Design
- 2.12 Loose Slick Back Undercut
- 2.13 Messy Medium Length + Thick Beard
- 2.14 Mid Bald Fade + Medium Length Textured Top
- 2.15 Angular Fringe + High Taper Fade
- 2.16 Brushed Up Hair + Disconnected Undercut
- 2.17 Classic Long Brushed Back Hair
- 2.18 Mid Taper Fade + Messy Longer Style on Top
- 2.19 Classic Tapered Sides + Thick Brushed Back Hair
- 2.20 Middle Part + Long Natural Hair
- 2.21 Thick Wavy Medium Length Hairstyle
- 2.22 Long Fringe + Full Beard
- 2.23 Short Sides + High Brushed Up Top
- 2.24 Mid Skin Fade + Pompadour
- 2.25 Classic Side Part + Short Sides
- 2.26 Long Quiff + Tapered Sides
How To Style Men’s Medium Hair
Styling the best medium haircuts doesn’t have to be time-consuming or difficult. For starters, we highly recommend you continue with the short sides, long top trend and get a short cut on the sides – either a fade or undercut will work. The shorter the sides, the more contrast and attention on your longer hair on top. Similarly, faded or undercut sides means less maintenance because you won’t have to style the hair there.
As for the medium hair on top, most hairstyles seem to be a variation of the slick back, quiff, pompadour, and comb over. These are some of the top stylish haircuts of 2018, but you don’t necessarily have to ask your barber for one of these cuts. A lengthy faux hawk, textured crop with long fringe, or thick spiky hair can be an option as well. All that matters to pulling off a cool medium hairstyle is whether it works for your personal look and style.
Just remember that there is no hard and fast rule for a good haircut. Depending on your hair type, texture, and length, you can always grow your hair out longer or shorter.
Best Men’s Medium Haircuts
Below are some of the most popular medium length hairstyles for men! Judging by how many different styles we were able to find, guys with medium to long hair will always have plenty of great hairstyles and haircuts to choose from!