The slicked back undercut is arguably the most stylish and popular type of undercut hairstyle now. With its high-contrast style that plays on the “short sides, long top” haircut, slicked back hair offers the best of both worlds – a cool men’s hairstyle that works for business professionals, yet looks hot and sexy on a date, at a party, or in any casual setting. The undercut on the sides can also be tailored to suit your hair length and type, allowing for short or long undercut hair.
If you’re looking to try a slicked back undercut hairstyle and want to learn how to slick back your hair, this guide will detail everything you need to know about getting and styling the cut. Here are the best slicked back undercut hairstyles for men. From a traditional undercut or undercut fade on the sides to how you comb back your hair on top, these are the most popular ways to style trendy short and long slicked back haircuts!
- 1 How To Get The Slicked Back Undercut
- 2 How To Style Slicked Back Hair
- 3 Best Slicked Back Undercut Hairstyles
- 3.1 Long Slicked Back Hair + Undercut Fade
- 3.2 Short Slick Back + Undercut
- 3.3 Textured Combed Back Hair + High Undercut
- 3.4 Long Slick Back Hair + Shaved Undercut
- 3.5 Long Hair Slicked Back Undercut
- 3.6 Long Combed Back Hair Undercut Fade
- 3.7 Short Sides Long Top Slicked Back
- 3.8 Undercut Fade + Hard Part + Messy Brushed Back Hairstyle
- 3.9 Long Slicked Back Hair + Long Undercut + Full Beard
- 3.10 Modern Combed Back Hair + Undercut + Stubble Beard
- 3.11 Slick Back Haircut + Undercut Fade
- 3.12 Long Slicked Back Undercut
- 3.13 Swept Back Hair with Undercut Hairstyle
- 4 Best Hair Products For The Slicked Back Undercut
How To Get The Slicked Back Undercut
To get a slicked back undercut, you’ll need at least 3 to 5 inches of hair on top of your head. When visiting your local barbershop, you’ll want to ask for an undercut or faded undercut on the sides with a long layered top. You can even request a line up around the temples and forehead for a sharper look.
Furthermore, because the slicked back haircut is a very easy and versatile hairstyle, you’ll be able to style the cut with almost any hair type or texture with the exception of curly hair. This means that the slick back works great with thick, thin, straight or even wavy hair.
Ultimately, the best part about any slicked back undercut hairstyle is that it is incredibly simple to style. Because the sides are so short, the only part that needs styling is the long hair on top.
How To Style Slicked Back Hair
When styling slicked back hair, it is important to have a high-quality pomade and comb or brush. The type of hair pomade you choose depends on whether you want a strong or medium hold and a high shine or matte finish. For wavy or thick hair, we recommend a strong-hold pomade and for a textured, natural finish, you should buy a matte styling product.
For the best way to get your hair slicked back:
- Start with slightly damp hair after a shower.
- Using a finger or two, scoop out a small amount of pomade. Rub between your hands and evenly apply throughout your hair. Start with less if you want a textured style as you can always add more product later for a shiny, sleek finish.
- Using a comb or brush, start to comb your hair back. Start at your forehead and use long, smooth strokes all the way to the back of the head.
At this point, you can decide on a classic or modern slick back. The classic slick back is modeled after the 1950’s greaser hairstyles with a flat, strong hold, and high shine finish. The modern slicked back undercut allows for more volume and a slightly messy, textured finish. To get the modern look, just use your fingers to continue to style your hair back.
Best Slicked Back Undercut Hairstyles
With so many variations of the slicked back undercut, we decided to compile some of the best styles. Whether you have straight, wavy, thick or thin hair, here are pictures of the best slicked back undercut hairstyles to try right now!
Long Slicked Back Hair + Undercut Fade
Short Slick Back + Undercut
Textured Combed Back Hair + High Undercut
Long Slick Back Hair + Shaved Undercut
Long Hair Slicked Back Undercut
Long Combed Back Hair Undercut Fade
Short Sides Long Top Slicked Back
Undercut Fade + Hard Part + Messy Brushed Back Hairstyle
Long Slicked Back Hair + Long Undercut + Full Beard
Modern Combed Back Hair + Undercut + Stubble Beard
Slick Back Haircut + Undercut Fade
Long Slicked Back Undercut
Swept Back Hair with Undercut Hairstyle
Best Hair Products For The Slicked Back Undercut
The best hair product for the slicked back undercut depends on how you want to style your hairstyle. Generally, the top undercut hair products are pomades, waxes, and creams. A strong pomade with a high shine is ideal when styling a classic slick back hairstyle. The best pomades for men come from brands like Suavecito, Layrite, and Baxter of California.
If you prefer textured men’s hairstyles with a natural finish, you’ll want to use a hair wax. A good styling wax offers maximum control with a matte finish, making your hair look thicker and fuller. Lastly, for guys who want more volume, movement, and flow, we recommend using a styling cream. The perfect hair cream comes with a medium hold and a low or no shine finish.
Here are the best hair products for slicked back undercut styles!
|Suavecito Pomade Firme (Strong) Hold 4 oz||2,510 Reviews||$11.99||Buy Now|
|TIGI Bed Head for Men Matte Separation Workable Wax, 3 Ounce||4,509 Reviews||$7.83||Buy Now|
|Layrite Natural Matte Cream 4.25oz||1,326 Reviews||$17.98||Buy Now|
|Baxter of California Men's Clay Pomade, No Color, One Size||1,519 Reviews||$19.55||Buy Now|