Looking for the best hairstyles for older men but don’t want the same boring, old man haircut every other dad has? Older men looking for cool hairstyles may feel limited by their options. Fortunately, there are plenty of short and long hairstyles for older men – even those with white or gray hair, thinning hair, or a receding hairline. For example, hairstyles for men over 50 with salt and pepper hair include side parts, brush ups, the modern comb over, and even buzz cuts. Any of these classic styles and cuts would look great for mature men – it’s just a matter of styling and being confident in your look.
If you’re curious about the best long and short older men’s haircuts of 2018 and want some inspiration before you visit the barbershop, check out our guide for both classic and modern styles to get!
- 1 Older Men’s Hairstyles
- 1.1 Taper Fade + Slicked Back Hair + Beard
- 1.2 Classic Side Part + Stubble Beard
- 1.3 Textured Slicked Back Undercut + White Hair + Beard
- 1.4 Low Skin Fade + Hard Side Part + Beard
- 1.5 Side Swept Short Hair + Goatee
- 1.6 Bald Fade + Crew Cut + Long Beard
- 1.7 Long Hair + Brushed Back Top + Beard
- 1.8 Thick Brushed Back Hair + Full Beard
- 1.9 Natural Messy Long Hair
- 1.10 Textured Crop + Side Swept Front + Thick Beard
- 1.11 Modern Textured Quiff + Short Sides + Thick Beard
- 1.12 Short Messy Hair on Top + Scissor Cut Sides
- 1.13 Natural Messy Short Hair + Tapered Sides + Beard
- 1.14 Long Comb Over + Shorter Sides + Full Beard
- 1.15 Messy Brushed Up Hair + Short Tapered Sides + Stubble
- 1.16 High Fade Pompadour
- 1.17 Short Classic Side Part + Thick Beard
- 1.18 Short Salt and Pepper Hair on Top + Tapered Sides
- 1.19 Natural Wavy Long Hair
- 1.20 Thin Brushed Up Hair + Short Tapered Sides
- 1.21 Thick Quiff + Undercut + Full Beard
- 1.22 Textured Medium Length Hair
- 1.23 Classy Comb Over + Short Sides + Sexy Stubble Beard
- 1.24 Short Spiky Hair + Tapered Sides
Older Men’s Hairstyles
Even if your hair changed color or texture and you’re pushing 60, that doesn’t mean you can’t style a sexy look. Although most haircuts for middle-aged and older men tend to be short, some guys can still wear their hair long if they have the right look for it.
In addition to picking a stylish haircut, older men may also want to consider using a good hair product. If you prefer a strong hold with a shiny finish, then a good pomade may be ideal; otherwise, a matte hair wax for a textured, natural look is perfect.
Below, you’ll find many of the best hairstyles for mature men. Whether you want a short or long haircut, we’ve got the best older men’s styles to get in 2018.