Longer hair and long hairstyles have become a growing trend. While last year was all about growing your hair out and styling it short to medium length, popular longer men’s haircuts will continue to be cool in 2019. And as more guys with long hair style these modern looks, it’s time we reviewed the various new ways boys can wear their locks.
For starters, keeping your sides and back short with a fade or undercut and pairing it with a long top will always be a stylish approach. These medium length hairstyles include the quiff, comb over, pompadour, slick back, etc. However, most hairstyles for boys with long hair tend to be at least shoulder length so that guys can put them up in a man bun or let them flow free.
For ideas on the range of new looks to try this year, check out our complete guide on long hairstyles for guys and boys.
- 1 Hairstyles For Men with Long Hair
- 2 How To Style Long Hair
- 3 Best Hairstyles For Long Hair
- 3.1 Brushed Up Hair + Faded Sides
- 3.2 Braided Man Bun
- 3.3 Messy Shoulder Length + Beard
- 3.4 Brushed Back Messy Long Hair
- 3.5 Low Taper Fade + Textured Modern Comb Over
- 3.6 Long Messy Comb Over + Tapered Sides
- 3.7 Long Middle Part Hairstyle
- 3.8 Curly Medium Length Top + Long Beard
- 3.9 Long Wavy Fringe + Shaved Sides + Beard
- 3.10 Thick Man Bun + Long Beard
- 3.11 Long Textured Quiff + Short Sides + Beard
- 3.12 Naturally Flowing Hair
- 3.13 Thick Brush Up
- 3.14 High Fade + Pompadour + Texture
- 3.15 Slicked Back Undercut
- 3.16 Long Blonde Natural
- 3.17 Thick Side Swept Medium Hair + Full Beard
- 3.18 Shaggy Top + Bushy Beard
- 3.19 Medium Curly Hair
Hairstyles For Men with Long Hair
If you’re thinking about hairstyles for long hair, then we have a number of cool styles for you to pick from. Here are the best long haircuts for men.
The fact that the man bun continues to be seen is a testament to its staying power. No longer considered a fad, man bun styles work beautifully for guys who want a simple yet trendy way to rock their long hair.
The top knot came onto the scene around the same time as the man bun, but hasn’t enjoyed the same following. While the top knot is remarkably similar to a ponytail, the difference is the placement of the tie up and the often faded, undercut or shaved sides.
The male ponytail is one of the easiest and most common longer styles. Whether you’re in the process of growing your hair long or already have length, you’ll eventually try this low-maintenance hairstyle.
Long Curly Hair
If you have long curly hair but aren’t sure how to style it, why not let your haircut simply flow naturally. As one of the best long hairstyles for men with thick hair, this natural look can weigh down your curls while allowing them to add something unique! You may even want to apply some light pomade for a textured finish.
Cool men’s shoulder length hairstyles don’t have to be complicated to look good. You don’t need dreads, braided sections, or some hipster spin that requires regular styling. Instead, you can sweep your hair behind your ears, part it in the middle, or just let everything fall naturally.
How To Style Long Hair
Styling long hair for men doesn’t mean you have to follow some ridiculous care regiment or brush your hair a hundred times each night. Basic hair care really starts with a few key products to keep everything healthy. For example, a good shampoo and conditioner is a basic requirement. Then a quality styling product can make all the difference in getting the long hairstyles you want.
- Best Shampoo & Condition Set – Art Naturals Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
- Best Shampoo For Men – K + S Salon Men’s Shampoo
- Top Conditioner – American Crew Daily Conditioner
Best Hairstyles For Long Hair
Here are more examples of the best men’s long hairstyles you’ll love! From formal styles for proms or weddings to hipster or business attire, there’s something for everyone! And for good measure, we’ve also incorporated some medium length cuts if these others are too lengthy for you!