This is our guide to the best new men’s hairstyles to try in 2018. Whether you’re searching for cool short haircuts for men or stylish classic hairstyles, the cuts and styles below are trendy looks inspired by the best barbers and stylists around the world!
We made sure to include all the most popular haircuts, including the fade and undercut combined with a pompadour, quiff, comb over, fringe, textured spiky hair, french crop and shape up, so enjoy this year’s hottest men’s hair trends!
While there are so many cool hairstyles to try and it may be difficult to only pick one haircut style, don’t be afraid to experiment throughout 2018. Pick a few sweet hairstyles you plan to get and make a point to change things up every few months.
Finally, be sure to save this page and show your barber a picture when you visit your local barbershop – it will make it much easier to communicate the haircut you want!
- 1 Top Hairstyles For Men in 2018
- 2 Modern Undercut + Shape Up + Thick Comb Over
- 3 Faux Hawk (Fohawk) with High Burst Fade
- 4 Cool Low Taper Fade with Messy Spiky Hair
- 5 Long Flowing Wavy Hair Brushed Back
- 6 Pompadour with High Taper Fade
- 7 Long Curly Fringe with Fade and Hair Design
- 8 Undercut with Top Knot
- 9 Quiff with High Fade and Shape Up
- 10 Spiky Hair with Taper Fade
- 11 Classic Side Part with High Bald Fade
- 12 Fade with Messy Hair and Brush Up
- 13 Fringe with Disconnected Hard Part and Low Skin Fade
- 14 High Taper Fade with Long Slicked Back Hair
- 15 Thick Hair on Top with Mid Skin Fade and Part
- 16 Drop Fade with Curly Hair
- 17 Buzz Cut with Skin Fade and Beard
- 18 Bald Undercut with Pompadour
- 19 Short Sides with Messy Wavy Crew Cut
- 20 Medium Length Comb Over with Low Taper Fade
- 21 High Skin Fade with Comb Over and Hard Part
- 22 Undercut with Textured Slicked Back Hair
- 23 Side Swept Fringe with Messy Crew Cut
- 24 Quiff with Brush Up and Undercut
- 25 High Fade with French Crop
- 26 Medium Length Textured Hair with High Fade
- 27 Dapper High Fade with Thick Textured Spiky Hair
- 28 High Bald Fade with Curly Twists
- 29 Low Taper Fade with Thick Brushed Back Hair
- 30 Low Skin Fade with Curly Hair on Top
- 31 High Fade with Angular Brush Back
- 32 Side Swept Hair with Mid Skin Fade
- 33 Pompadour with High Skin Fade
- 34 Undercut with Thick Textured Spiked Hair
- 35 Messy Hair with Brushed Up Fringe and High Fade
- 36 Low Skin Fade with Line Up and Wavy Quiff
- 37 Buzz Cut with Beard
- 38 High Fade with Side Part
- 39 Mid Skin Fade with Textured Slick Back
- 40 Undercut with Thick Comb Over
- 41 Mid Bald Fade with Textured Spiky Hair
- 42 Long Fringe with Fade and Edge Up
- 43 Curly Hair with Fade and Hard Part
- 44 Spiky Fringe with High Bald Fade and Beard
- 45 Bald Fade with Crew Cut and Brushed Up Fringe
Top Hairstyles For Men in 2018
Modern Undercut + Shape Up + Thick Comb Over
The undercut and its variations have been the look to have in recent years. The high-contrast short style keeps your sides looking neat and clean, while the top flaunts your long locks. To clean up the hair around your hair line, ask for a shape up.
Faux Hawk (Fohawk) with High Burst Fade
Cool Low Taper Fade with Messy Spiky Hair
Designs and lines are a trendy way to make your short hair stand out. If you’re interested in exploring more hair art, be sure to check out some of our haircut design ideas. Otherwise, this spiked hairstyle paired with a fresh low fade offers an awesome style for young guys!
Long Flowing Wavy Hair Brushed Back
Men with wavy hair may feel limited in a world where many of the best hairstyles are catered to men with straight hair, but this brushed back style is the perfect example of how one should wear wavy styles. Taper the back and sides for a contrasting style that brings attention to your hair up top.
Pompadour with High Taper Fade
The pompadour has surged back into the limelight since first growing to prominence in the 60’s. While the pomp is a little bit more on the high-maintenance side as a medium length hairstyle, if you pair it with an undercut (aka really short sides) you can also experiment with popular men’s undercut styles.
Long Curly Fringe with Fade and Hair Design
Another great option for men with curly hair is the fringe hairstyle. Also referred to as man bangs, the fringe is ideal for, but not limited to, men with long faces as it works to shorten the length of the face.
Undercut with Top Knot
The top knot is one option for men with an undercut. Simply run your hands through your hair from front to back and use a hair band to tie your hair up.
Quiff with High Fade and Shape Up
This high fade and line up looks sexy with a modern textured quiff. Similarly, pairing hairstyles with a trendy beard has been a popular option for men. Consider a beard fade to go along with your faded sides to make the transition seamless.
Spiky Hair with Taper Fade
Classic Side Part with High Bald Fade
Fade with Messy Hair and Brush Up
If you want your hairstyle to appear effortless then opt for a messy look. You can achieve this by styling your hair with your hands. On the flip side, the brush up can also be combed for a neater look.
Fringe with Disconnected Hard Part and Low Skin Fade
High Taper Fade with Long Slicked Back Hair
Just like the pompadour, the slick back has made a comeback into men’s fashion. This is an incredibly sleek look and is perfect for men with straight hair. Work some pomade into your hair and comb it straight back or at an angle to keep your hair in place.
Thick Hair on Top with Mid Skin Fade and Part
Volume on top is in vogue right now and the brush up is great look for getting hair out of your face.
Drop Fade with Curly Hair
Buzz Cut with Skin Fade and Beard
Bald Undercut with Pompadour
Short Sides with Messy Wavy Crew Cut
Medium Length Comb Over with Low Taper Fade
High Skin Fade with Comb Over and Hard Part
The angled comb over here is a modern take on the typical style. Here, a hard part is trimmed into the top of the hair to create an obvious division of hair.
Undercut with Textured Slicked Back Hair
Side Swept Fringe with Messy Crew Cut
Quiff with Brush Up and Undercut
High Fade with French Crop
Medium Length Textured Hair with High Fade
Dapper High Fade with Thick Textured Spiky Hair
High Bald Fade with Curly Twists
Low Taper Fade with Thick Brushed Back Hair
Low Skin Fade with Curly Hair on Top
High Fade with Angular Brush Back
Side Swept Hair with Mid Skin Fade
Pompadour with High Skin Fade
Undercut with Thick Textured Spiked Hair
Messy Hair with Brushed Up Fringe and High Fade
Low Skin Fade with Line Up and Wavy Quiff
Buzz Cut with Beard
High Fade with Side Part
Mid Skin Fade with Textured Slick Back
Undercut with Thick Comb Over
Mid Bald Fade with Textured Spiky Hair
Long Fringe with Fade and Edge Up
Curly Hair with Fade and Hard Part
Spiky Fringe with High Bald Fade and Beard
Bald Fade with Crew Cut and Brushed Up Fringe