If you haven’t learned how to use hair wax, this guide is for you! Hair wax is one of the best men’s styling products. Like pomade, using wax can keep your hair sleek and styled throughout the day without the hardness caused by gel and mousse. In fact, buying a good hair wax is a key step in styling cool comb over, quiff, slick back, pompadour, or spiky hairstyles. Although it is important to keep in mind that this hair product is best used when styling a look that requires a textured finish.
Below, we’ll teach you exactly how to use hair wax properly. With these simple steps, you’ll be able to apply wax and style any natural look you want!
How To Apply Hair Wax
Here are the 5 steps to styling your hair with wax.
- Start with a small amount of wax on your finger. Depending on the amount of hair you have, you’ll want to scoop a pea-sized amount. Otherwise, too much hair wax can result in a greasy look.
- Wax is a hard product so you’ll need to warm it up. Distribute the wax across the palms of your hands and rub them together until fully melted.
- Apply the wax to your hair. Start applying at the back of the head and slowly brush at the surface of your hair in the front. By coating a thin layer at the top, you avoid clumping in one area. Also, be sure to close your hands as you reach the ends of your hairs to ensure the tips get some product.
- Start styling your hair. While we recommend a slick back, side part or similar look, you’ll want to start forming the hairstyle you desire. If you feel you need more wax, apply additional amounts gradually.
- Fix stray hairs, create more volume, and finish the style. The last step is to put the final touches on your look.
In the end, there isn’t a right or wrong way to style with wax. Developing a rhythm will take time and the more you work the product into your hair, the more comfortable you will become styling with it.
Best Hair Wax For Men
If you haven’t already found the best hair wax, allow us to make a few good recommendations. With so many brands and products in the market, it can be difficult to know which reviews and ratings to trust. Below, we’ll discuss some of the best hair waxes for men, how well they hold and finish, and other pros and cons to consider before buying.
TIGI Bed Head B For Men
The TIGI Bed Head Wax For Men offers one of the most natural looks, with a strong hold and clean matte finish. This wax product works beautifully with all types of hair and lengths, from short to long and thin to thick. Easily rated one of the top selling hair waxes for men, we highly suggest you try this styling product.
- This product is made of high quality material
- For guys who want hold, style and a natural finish
- Beeswax, cera caranauba and a blend of polymers...
American Crew Fiber
American Crew is the largest name in men’s styling products. With a high hold and low shine, American Crew Fiber is good for thick, straight, or curly hair. In addition to smelling like cologne, this hair wax will increase fullness while texturing for a natural finish.
- High hold
- Low shine
- More structure
Redken For Men Maneuver Working Wax
Redken sells a number of popular hair products for men and women, including the Maneuver Working Wax. With its medium strength comes the versatility to style all types of hairstyles, making it a good option for beginners. Plus, this wax feels light and natural, blending into your hair easily.
- Redken for men maneuver working wax is a medium...
- provides medium control, low shine, and pliable...
Gatsby Moving Rubber Spiky Edge
If you’re looking for a stronger hold, then the Gatsby Moving Rubber series may be the right choice for you. Made in Japan, Gatsby is a high-quality brand, and their Spiky Edge wax will keep your hair styled and smelling good all day. However, we recommend you use this product for short to medium length hairstyles only; it doesn’t seem to work as well with longer hair.
- POWER STRIKES -Strong holding power keeps hair...
- Recommended hair length：Very Short, Short
- Styling Power ：(10/10)
Choosing The Best Men’s Hair Wax
With a majority of celebrities and male models using a quality hair wax to style their hair, we believe finding the right product for you will make all the difference in your morning routine.