There may not be an exclusively European haircut, but we do have to admit that there are some very stylish European men’s hairstyles worth sharing. Although the rest of the world has the same ability to get, cut and style these trendy haircuts for men, European styles are notable because they’ve paved the way for cool men’s hair trends over the years.
As a tribute to some of the best and latest Euro haircuts for guys, here are 25 modern hairstyles to try before visiting Europe in 2018.
- 1 Cool European Haircuts For Men
- 1.1 Pompadour Haircut
- 1.2 The Quiff Hairstyle
- 1.3 The Fade Haircut
- 1.4 Slicked Back Hair
- 1.5 Modern Pompadour with High Skin Fade
- 1.6 High Skin Fade with Comb Over and Beard
- 1.7 Thick Brushed Back Hair with Beard
- 1.8 Wavy Comb Over with Hard Part
- 1.9 High Skin Fade with Side Part and Beard
- 1.10 Taper Fade with Medium-Length Spiky Hair
- 1.11 Messy Long Hair with Taper Fade and Bangs
- 1.12 Drop Fade with Messy Spiky Hair
- 1.13 Long Textured Brush Back with Short Sides
- 1.14 Messy Quiff with Beard
- 1.15 Curly Fringe with Low Skin Fade
- 1.16 Brushed Up Hair with Textured Top and High Bald Fade
- 1.17 Skin Fade Undercut with Beard
- 1.18 Disheveled Brush Up with High Taper Fade
- 1.19 Wavy Brushed Back Long Hair with High Taper Fade
- 1.20 Thick Wavy Comb Over with Beard
- 1.21 Classic Hard Side Part with High Bald Fade
- 1.22 High Taper Fade with Wavy Top
- 1.23 Messy Spiked Hair with Low Fade and Beard
- 1.24 Textured Brush Up with Mid Skin Fade
Cool European Haircuts For Men
The pompadour might be named after Madame de Pompadour, making the pomp a decidedly European hairstyle, but the hairdo didn’t take off until the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, sported the look. Formerly a female hairstyle, the pompadour has become one of the trendiest hairstyles for men. A traditional pompadour is worn with short sides, as the hair is swept upwards and backwards. Today, there are a variety of pompadour hairstyles to try out, ranging from classic, angular, extreme, and modern cuts.
The Quiff Hairstyle
If you’re not ready to fully embrace the pompadour, tease the look by trying out the more versatile quiff instead. Whether it’s the short and spiky quiff, long and textured quiff, or the voluminous messy version, there’s a quiff style for everyone. No matter the varied sizes of the back and sides, they should always be kept shorter than the front to emphasize contrast.
The Fade Haircut
A popular hairstyle choice for men has always been the taper fade. Men who preferred short hair were usually the demographic of choice, but today, fade haircuts are being embraced by men of all hair lengths and styles. There are plenty of directions to take the fade haircut: high bald fade, low skin fade, burst drop fade, comb over fade, disconnected fade and more.
Slicked Back Hair
There’s no better way to look sleek than with a slicked back haircut. The modern slick back involves keeping the sides and back of your head in an undercut or high fade haircut, while the top has enough length to “slick back” with pomade. The hairstyle may date back to American greaser culture, but modern men are taking the slick back in bold new directions.
If the modern pomp, quiff, and slick back didn’t inspire you, here are a few more Euro hair styles that may better fit you!
Modern Pompadour with High Skin Fade
High Skin Fade with Comb Over and Beard
Thick Brushed Back Hair with Beard
Wavy Comb Over with Hard Part
High Skin Fade with Side Part and Beard
Taper Fade with Medium-Length Spiky Hair
Messy Long Hair with Taper Fade and Bangs
Drop Fade with Messy Spiky Hair
Long Textured Brush Back with Short Sides
Messy Quiff with Beard
Curly Fringe with Low Skin Fade
Brushed Up Hair with Textured Top and High Bald Fade
Skin Fade Undercut with Beard
Disheveled Brush Up with High Taper Fade
Wavy Brushed Back Long Hair with High Taper Fade
Thick Wavy Comb Over with Beard
Classic Hard Side Part with High Bald Fade
High Taper Fade with Wavy Top
Messy Spiked Hair with Low Fade and Beard
Textured Brush Up with Mid Skin Fade