Are you looking for the best curly hairstyles for black men? Black men with curly hair have a number of cool haircuts they can get. However, the challenge is styling and maintaining their naturally kinky hair and curls to look good every day. Most black guys give up because they feel the time and effort is too much. Fortunately, there are actually many modern black men’s curly hairstyles that are relatively low-maintenance and easy to style.
Check out our guide to learn how to make black male hair curly and the latest haircuts you’ll want to try in 2020. From a curly mohawk to long curls on top to a curly afro with faded sides, we’ve got all the hottest cuts and styles for black men this year!
- 1 Black Men with Curly Hair
- 2 How To Get Curly Hair For Black Men
- 3 Best Black Men’s Curly Hair Products
- 4 Best Curly Hairstyles For Black Guys
- 4.1 Modern High Top Curly Fade
- 4.2 Natural Curly High Top + Temp Fade + Line Up
- 4.3 Loose Nappy Curly Hair + Low Taper Fade
- 4.4 Long Curly Twists + Fade + Cool Hair Designs
- 4.5 High Skin Burst Fade + Thick Curly Mohawk
- 4.6 Low Burst Fade + Kinky Spikes + Beard
- 4.7 Taper Fade + Long Curly Top + Blonde Hair
- 4.8 High Bald Fade + Thick Curly Top + Line in Side
- 4.9 High Drop Fade + Long Curly Twists
- 4.10 Temple Fade + Edge Up + Thick Curly Afro
- 4.11 High Fade + Thick Part + Curly Twists
- 4.12 High Burst Fade + Line Up + Curly Mohawk
- 4.13 Low Taper Fade + Black Curly Hair
- 4.14 High Fade + Shape Up + Twists + Beard
- 4.15 Short Sides + Long Curly Hair + Beard
- 4.16 Long Curly Hairstyle For Black Men
- 4.17 Low Drop Fade + Line Up + Short Curls
- 4.18 High Curly Twists + Temple Fade
- 4.19 Big Curly Afro
- 4.20 High Skin Fade + Surgical Part + Long Nappy Top
- 4.21 Low Taper Fade + Short Curls
- 4.22 Shaved Sides + Line in Hair + Shape Up + Short Curly Top
Black Men with Curly Hair
The best haircuts for black men with curly hair depend on many factors, including your hair’s length and personal style. For example, if you want a very short haircut, a buzz cut or crew cut with a skin fade on the sides would look great. This is the simplest cut to get because it eliminates your curls and requires no styling or products.
However, if you want some length on top, you can ask your barber for a high bald fade with line up and a short afro. Although a short curly afro may need to be tamed and styled in the mornings, it’s much easier to maintain and will likely stay in place all day. Similarly, you could try a curly top fade with twists for a more unique hairstyle.
Black men with curly hair also have the option of growing out their curls. One way to do so is to get a burst fade mohawk or frohawk. Also known as the South of France haircut, your barber will cut a burst or drop fade on your sides. Depending on whether you want a high, mid or low fade, your sides and back will get buzzed and trimmed around your ears and down to your neckline, leaving a bunch of thick hair in the middle of your head.
While there are several curly haircuts for black guys to choose from, these styles can also be achieved with other hair textures. All you have to do is learn how to make your hair curly.
How To Get Curly Hair For Black Men
There are many ways to get curly hair for black guys. For starters, you could use a curl-defining or curl-enhancing shampoo with a leave-in conditioner. After, while your hair is still damp, make sure to comb through to untangle knots. Keeping your hair conditioned and moisturized is key to maintaining healthy curls.
Furthermore, quality hair oil products may help, but we recommend sticking with a regular cleansing, shampooing, and conditioning regiment for maximum hair and scalp health. This grooming and care routine will come in handy to minimize damage if you plan to use a blow dryer for heat.
Best Black Men’s Curly Hair Products
To get curly hair as a black male, you’ll need the highest-rated products that work well. From sponges to curl-enhancing shampoos and conditioners, here are some of the best black men’s curly hair products on the market today!
|Bundled Large & Small Magic Twist Hair Curl Sponge Brush Coil Wave for Natural Hair||88 Reviews||Buy Now|
|Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie-12 oz||3,721 Reviews||$12.99||Buy Now|
|Argan Oil Shampoo and Hair Conditioner Set - Argan Jojoba Almond Oil Peach Kernel Keratin - Sulfate...||2,153 Reviews||$17.95||Buy Now|
Best Curly Hairstyles For Black Guys
Black guy curly hairstyles can be classic, modern, short or long, but they will always be versatile and trendy. Check out these dope ways to wear black curly hair and try out one of these cuts and styles this year.