Looking for the best beard shampoos, washes and conditioners on the market? After hours of product research and testing, we’ve found the best beard shampoo and conditioner. Beardsmen everywhere know that the best beard doesn’t come easy. Proper beard care requires a little extra grooming and maintenance, and that means using good quality products like beard shampoos and beard washes. After all, keeping a clean beard is critical to growing long, full facial hair. Naturally, guys will want to invest in the best men’s beard wash, conditioner, oil, balm, and grooming products as a vital step to stimulating growth and maintaining their beard’s healthy, soft, and stylish look.
Although you may be tempted to reach for a bar of soap or bottle of regular shampoo, you may want to rethink your facial hair routine. Along with beard oil and balm, a top-rated beard shampoo, conditioner and wash should definitely be part of your everyday grooming regiment. Whether you want to get rid of dandruff, prevent beard itch, soften your mane, grow thicker hair, or just keep your beard clean, the best shampoos and conditioners will help you achieve your goals. Based on our research, we found that Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo works well with any skin type, especially sensitive skin, and offers the most benefits of any brand.
Below, we’ll review the top shampoos for beard growth and dandruff. Our list of organic beard washes only use the highest-quality, all-natural ingredients, so all of these options are great choices for guys with sensitive skin who want to get the perfect beard.
- 1 10 Best Beard Shampoos and Washes 2019
- 1.1 Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo
- 1.2 Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
- 1.3 Grave Before Shave Beard Wash Shampoo
- 1.4 ArtNaturals Natural Beard Shampoo Wash
- 1.5 Mountaineer Brand Beard Wash
- 1.6 Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo
- 1.7 Bluebeards Original Beard Wash with Extra Conditioning
- 1.8 Wild Willies Beard Wash and Conditioner
- 1.9 Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard Wash
- 1.10 Honest Amish Beard Soap
- 2 How To Choose The Best Beard Shampoo & Conditioner
- 3 Difference Between Regular Shampoo and Beard Shampoo
- 4 How Often Should You Wash Your Beard
- 5 Buy A Good Beard Shampoo
10 Best Beard Shampoos and Washes 2019
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo
Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo is undeniably unique and a top choice for best beard shampoo on the market today. Made of only organic, natural ingredients that cleanse your beard while keeping it smooth and soft all day long, the company focuses on delivering a premium product at an affordable price. This combination of quality and value make it one of the highest-rated beard care brands.
- For starters, Professor Fuzzworthy’s shampoo comes in a bar, but it’s not a bar of soap. Instead of selling it in liquid form, the company decided to build a bar of shampoo so guys can easily control the amount they use without waste.
- As discussed earlier, this is a natural beard shampoo. The beard soap bar is rich in ingredients that will hydrate, condition, and soften your facial hair. With beeswax, honey, olive oil, castor oil, seaweed extract, and leatherwood, you’ll be able to stimulate growth while maintaining a shiny beard.
- Furthermore, essential oils like Australian Kunzea and lavender will keep your skin moisturized and healthy, helping you avoid beard itch or dandruff. All this is achieved without parabens or synthetic chemicals, making this one of the best beard shampoos for sensitive skin.
- Because this beard bar is so gentle, it’s also very versatile, meaning men can use it on their hair or body. Plus, it has a great smell – we are confident guys will enjoy the light, woodsy scent.
- Lastly, Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo is equal to two bottles of liquid beard shampoo, so you’re getting a great value. A little bit of this product goes a long way, and it even has qualities similar to beard balm and oil, allowing you to save some money on other beard products.
However, it is worth noting that because the company doesn’t use certain synthetic ingredients, this wash does dissolve faster so it’s important to either use or store it outside of the shower to improve its longevity.
All in all, Professor Fuzzworthy’s Beard Shampoo is an investment in the health and quality of your beard. If you’re looking for a leading beard shampoo and conditioner that seriously works to promote growth and keep your beard clean, fresh, and soft, this is the right pick for you!
- Voted #1 Best Beard Shampoo | Highest rated, best...
- Beard shampoo soap bar equal ~ two 27 fl oz liquid...
- MASCULINE woody scent | Organic ingredients for...
Polished Gentleman Beard Growth and Thickening Shampoo and Conditioner
If you’re looking for the best beard growth shampoo, look no further than a product from Polished Gentleman. The brand’s growth and thickening shampoo and conditioner bundle is filled with moisturizing and stimulating organic ingredients. This all-natural wash is bound to make your beard the healthiest it’s ever been – while helping it grow long, thick and strong.
- Made of nothing but the highest-quality ingredients, Polished Gentleman has created one of the most gentle yet effective beard care products in the industry. The cleansing shampoo contains a cocktail of manuka honey, aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, and cocoa butter, which work to prevent bacteria build-up while removing knots for super smooth facial hair. The conditioner harnesses the power of biotin, eucalyptus, argan oil, tea tree oil, and rosemary to hydrate your beard while preventing dandruff and skin irritation.
- It’s really important to stress just how beneficial some of these ingredients are. Beyond just stimulating good growth, raw manuka honey and tea tree oil have natural antibacterial and antifungal properties. Not only will this beard wash clean your facial hair, it will likely clear up any acne or skin irritations caused by germs in your hair follicles.
- Another benefit of buying a shampoo and conditioner that doesn’t use harsh chemicals, sulfates, parabens, dyes, or preservatives is that it’s incredibly gentle on your skin. In fact, it’s safe to say Polished Gentleman has created a top beard shampoo for sensitive skin.
- This brand makes sure all of their products are pH balanced, ensuring not to disrupt the natural oils of your facial hair skin.
Ultimately, this facial hair cleanser is ideal for beardsmen who are serious about proper grooming and maintenance. Gentle on all facial hair and skin types with the ability to clean, soften, and moisturize, this shampoo and conditioner set is perfect for anyone looking to grow the perfect beard.
- MY GOOD MEN! The beards have come! Care for them...
- I MUSTACHE YOU A QUESTION GOOD MAN. Do you tire of...
- YOU MAY OWN A BEARD BRUSH, BEARD COMB, BEARD...
Grave Before Shave Beard Wash Shampoo
Grave Before Shave is making a name for itself with its premium beard products. With a deep focus on helping men keep their beards healthy, hydrated, and soft, this wash has a very good reputation. Men everywhere commented on the incredibly fresh, manly scent reminiscent of old-school barbershops, the ability for a little bit of product to lather really well and last months, and finally, how soft and itch-free their facial hair felt after consistent use.
Obviously, this beard shampoo has more than one trick up its sleeve, and we can’t deny its versatility in the grooming market. Designed to cleanse and smooth facial hair, this wash can also be also used on your head. Grave Before Shave’s formula contains argan oil, which delivers intense hydration for your facial hair and skin, softening and keeping it free of tangles.
The deep conditioning also works to moisturize your skin beneath, ridding you of beardruff, dead skin, and any itchiness. Not only does this beard wash leave your facial hair smoother than ever before, every guy noticed the mild, but awesome masculine smell.
Ultimately, if you need a quality exfoliating shampoo that will have you feeling clean and your beard moisturized, this product is for you. With some of the best reviews and a very affordable price, Grave Before Shave’s Beard Wash Shampoo is in a league of its own.
- Argan Oil enriched
- Keeps Hair hydrated
- Fresh Old Time Barbershop scent
ArtNaturals Natural Beard Shampoo Wash
ArtNaturals is a company that knows beard care requires a special formula. The brand’s Natural Beard Shampoo Wash provides all of the top beard-growing essentials while preventing dryness, dandruff, and irritation. Infused with organic ingredients and specially formulated for all types of skin and hair, this beard cleanser and exfoliating wash has been proven to stimulate growth and keep your face clean.
For starters, this natural beard wash contains an assortment of botanical ingredients that help to promote beard growth while keeping your current facial hair healthy.
- Aloe vera intensely moisturizes your beard while ridding your hairs of dandruff, as tea tree oil disinfects and removes bacteria while fighting inflammation.
- Rosemary and argan oil stimulate facial hair growth at the source by unclogging pores and keeping follicles clean, while shea butter hydrates and shields your beard and the skin underneath from sun damage.
- The rather unique component of this cleanser is the licorice root extract, which helps to prevent hair loss and even fill in thinner areas of your beard.
This combination of ingredients makes for an excellent beard growth shampoo and cleanser so you know your facial hair is going to be sleek, smooth, and easy to style.
As a cruelty-free, paraben-free, and sulfate-free product, ArtNaturals Beard Shampoo is hard to beat. With thousands of positive reviews and a very affordable price, guys can’t go wrong with this option.
- ArtNaturals Beard Wash is formulated especially to...
- Aloe vera soothes and smoothes, and helps combat...
- Argan oil unclogs pores and deep-cleans hair...
Mountaineer Brand Beard Wash
Finding a beard wash that cleanses while maintaining the natural oils of your hair and skin can seem like a challenge. That’s where Mountaineer Brand Beard Wash comes in. Made from all-natural ingredients that soothe and strengthen your beard instead of damaging hair follicles and irritating your skin, this beard shampoo will definitely soften your facial hair better than other brands.
Damaging your beard with harsh chemicals is a thing of the past. This product is filled with natural organic ingredients that deeply clean your face without stripping your beard of its oils. Forget about any dryness, flaking, or irritation, the combination of essential oils such as jojoba oil, coconut oil, and rosemary leaf extract work to strengthen, lengthen, and hydrate every follicle of your facial hair.
And by keeping your facial hair conditioned and the hair underneath moisturized, you can all but eliminate beardruff. It also helps that this wash is extremely mild and light, making it perfect for all hair types and even the most sensitive skin. Plus, it won’t weigh down your beard, allowing it to look full, fluffy and soft without a greasy feel.
As a vegan-friendly and cruelty-free shampoo that lathers well and smells manly, we recommend you try Mountaineer Brand. Backed by a 100% guarantee, use this wash during your next shower and enjoy the benefits.
- HYDRATE AND CLEANSE your beard with all-natural...
- STOP STRIPPING YOUR BEARD OF ITS NATURAL OILS....
- NOT ALL BEARD WASH IS THE SAME. Some contain...
Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo
If you’re on the hunt for the best beard shampoo that puts quality above all, Spartans Den is your brand. This company makes all of their products in small batches to ensure superior quality and unbelievable results. Their Premium Beard Shampoo contains a ton of beard and skin-soothing ingredients, putting the health of your facial hair above all.
The ingredients in this beard wash make for extremely smooth hair, even when it comes to the burliest of beards. Aloe vera helps to prevent skin irritation and allergies while softening your beard and skin. Similarly, shea oil and coconut oil make your hair manageable, healthy, free of frizz and tangles. This is the best beard wash to thicken up your facial hair.
Those looking for a stylish, clean beard look no further. Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo helps prevent irritation, itch, and dandruff all while softening your beard. Also, the smell of this wash is sure to have you sold. Enjoy the light yet undeniably manly scent that will tantalize your senses all day long. You and your girlfriend or wife will love the way your beard smells.
Spartans Den Premium Beard Shampoo is a no-brainer for guys everywhere that want an excellent beard shampoo at a very affordable price. This product is a must, just ask beardsmen who have used this wash to ease itchiness, prevent dandruff, and promote thicker, faster growth.
- ADVANCED FORMULA: Eliminates impurities without...
- SOOTHE & CALM YOUR SKIN: Beard shampoo alleviates...
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Enriched with Coconut and...
Bluebeards Original Beard Wash with Extra Conditioning
Even the best beard shampoos and conditioners can sometimes dry out your facial hair and skin while cleansing. But why not get a wash that cleans and moisturizes at the same time. Bluebeards is a brand that refuses to settle for dry skin, flakes, beardruff, or beard itch. Their Original Beard Wash with Extra Conditioning delivers intense hydration where you need it most.
Ingredients like lime, Provitamin B5, and aloe vera work to clean your face, unclog pores, condition and hydrate your beard, and generally soften your hairs. This trio of ingredients will keep your beard manageable and stylish, and your skin itch-free and healthy. Plus, the extra conditioning agents in this wash will seriously fight frizz and prevent flakes or dandruff, resulting in good growth without the annoyances.
It also helps that this beard wash doesn’t leave any residue or greasiness behind. The gentle, sulfate-free formula is a cool benefit too. With a focus on conditioning, the ability to tame unruly hair, enhance natural shine, and solid customer reviews, this wash is worth the investment.
If dryness is an issue and you’re striving for a soft, smooth beard, then Bluebeards Original Beard Wash is the answer to all of your hydration prayers, and its ability to tame even the manliest of beards makes it a winner.
- The extra-conditioning Beard Wash softens and...
- Fights frizz and flakes while enhancing natural...
- Gentle, sulfate free formula
Wild Willies Beard Wash and Conditioner
Wild Willies is a company that doesn’t stand for average facial hair, and is always pushing men to grow the perfect beard. The brand’s beard care products cement their dedication to helping guys maintain healthy hair. In fact, their Beard Wash and Conditioner Bundle is likely the best beard wash and conditioner combo you’ll find on the market. When it comes to getting a smooth, soft beard without skin irritation, itchiness, or dandruff, this is the total package.
As a top-quality product, this beard shampoo and conditioner will clean your facial hair of any dirt and grime while softening and strengthening. This all-natural, organic set contains all of the vitamins and essential oils needed for a manageable, frizz-free beard.
For example, the wash is filled with aloe vera, vitamin E, eucalyptus, peppermint, and lemongrass, which deeply cleanse your beard while moisturizing and stimulating growth. The beard conditioner deeply hydrates and softens to give you the most manageable beard, noticeable after just one or two uses. The extra conditioning will also get rid of beard itch and beardruff.
Not only is Wild Willies one of the best beard softening shampoos, but it protects your facial hair and skin from damage and irritation too. As a handmade formula that’s free of sulfates, SLS, SLES, and parabens, you won’t feel like you’re poisoning your skin with harsh chemicals or stripping away your body’s natural oils.
Get this beard wash and conditioner set to take your grooming routine to the next level.
- Why have Nasty beard when you could have a clean...
- Beard Wash and Conditioning Soft. The perfect, all...
- Wild Willies Beard Wash and Conditioner Bundle,...
Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard Wash
Looking to grow a long, full beard but want to avoid beard-itch, dandruff, skin irritation, and all the other obstacles to growth? Medicine Man is the go-to brand for high-quality beard grooming and maintenance products. The company’s Itchy Beard Wash is made of 100% natural and organic ingredients that work together to make this product a top-rated choice
This chemical-free formula includes coconut oil, rosemary leaf oil, hemp oil, lavender oil, jojoba oil, and organic olive fruit oil, all of which contribute to hydrating, detangling, and softening your beard.
However, the key ingredient of this beard shampoo is Vitamin E oil, which protects and strengthens your hair follicles to reduce split ends and boost beard growth. Generally, Vitamin E gives hair a thick, full and healthy look. Rarely used in traditional beard washes, the addition of Vitamin E makes Medicine Man’s recipe special.
Another benefit to the all-organic approach is that you won’t find any chemicals, thickeners, fillers, or lather enhancers. Although some reviews complained that the wash was too thin, this is a result of not having artificial thickeners or lather enhances in the recipe. Still, once applied and massaged into your beard, you’ll be able to work the product and gently rid your beard of dirt, bacteria, and other pollutants.
Nevertheless, what makes this wash really stand out is its ability to stop beard itch and prevent dandruff. With a focus on removing the excess oils and dead skin cell build up that cause itchiness, you really are getting the best exfoliating beard wash on the market.
Cleanse, exfoliate, and moisturize with Medicine Man’s Itchy Beard Wash for a nice beard everyday.
- HELPS STOP BEARD ITCH - Cleanses the beard & face...
- WASH BEARD DANDRUFF AWAY - Chemical free dandruff...
- GROW BEARD FASTER - Has exfoliating power to help...
Honest Amish Beard Soap
Honest Amish has a wide-range of beard care products, including beard soaps. Unlike the extra grit version that serves as an exfoliating soap, this soap bar is a mild face and beard cleanser. Unlike other options, Honest Amish’s Beard Soap won’t strip away your facial hair’s natural oils or leave it feeling dry and brittle. Instead, you get the best beard soap you’ll ever use, with all the benefits of a shampoo, wash and conditioner.
This beard bar was intended to be used as a beard and body wash, making it versatile and extremely convenient. It only contains all-natural ingredients such as clove, eucalyptus, and cinnamon, which work together to hydrate, soften, soothe, and provide a deep, noticeable clean.
Honest Amish also uses French yellow clay in their legendary formula, which gives this beard soap a very gentle feel without sacrificing its strength to remove dirt, grime, bacteria, and other foreign pollutants. With only organic, natural ingredients, guys will feel the quality touch against their beards.
To top it off, this top-rated beard soap is made in hand-crafted in small batches and comes with a 100% money back guarantee, so you know this brand is all about setting the highest-quality standards. There’s a reason Honest Amish has been coined the most trusted brand for beards in the entire world, and this product proves it. Along with their beard oils, balms, and waxes, you really shouldn’t settle for anything less than the best beard products on the market.
- Hand Crafted in the USA
- Mild Non Drying Formula Suited for Face and Beard
- All Natural and Organic Ingredients
How To Choose The Best Beard Shampoo & Conditioner
A good beard shampoo can transform your facial hair from dull and tired to shiny, smooth and soft. Before you purchase the very first product you see, keep these tips in mind to get the best organic beard growth shampoo for your needs.
- Read the label and ingredients list. If you aren’t accustomed to reading the labels of your grooming products, now would be a good time to start. The top brands producing high-quality beard shampoos and conditioners only use organic, all-natural ingredients, such as caster oil, biotin, beeswax, aloe vera, coconut oil, shea butter, argan oil, tea tree oil, and other essential oils and vitamins. Beware of products with chemicals and parabens – these are no good for your skin or beard.
- Do your research. You can learn a lot about a beard shampoo by its ingredients and customer reviews. Don’t let a price tag fool you into thinking you are buying a premium-quality, luxury beard product. Not all expensive beard wash contains quality ingredients (and vice-versa). Always do some research before you buy. Then again, you can just read our reviews to get all the insights you need before making a purchase.
- Thick consistency yields better results. Generally, the top beard washes have a thicker consistency. Thick shampoos and conditioners better penetrate your facial hair and skin, giving you smooth, hydrating effects.
- Check out the scent. Whether you prefer an earthy, manly scent like cedarwood or sandalwood, or a neutral smell that is light and long-lasting, it’s important to make sure any beard product you buy appeals to your senses. To be safe, we only reviewed products where a vast majority of guys really loved the scent, and the list below offers a variety of smells for men of different tastes.
Ultimately, the beard growth, care and maintenance products you buy can literally change your style and transform your facial hair. Now let’s dive into our reviews of the best beard shampoos and washes of this year.
Difference Between Regular Shampoo and Beard Shampoo
Keeping your beard healthy, smooth, shiny, soft, and itch-free can seem like a challenging process, but using good products that can make the endeavor simple and easy. Unfortunately, some guys take shortcuts, unaware of the damage they are doing to their hair follicles and skin. For example, beard shampoo vs regular shampoo – knowing the difference is imperative to understanding the importance of a good beard shampoo, wash and conditioner.
Here are the major attributes of everyday shampoo, which should never come close to your beard:
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – This ingredient is a mouthful, and its effects on your beard can be devastating. This damaging detergent penetrates the surface of your skin and disrupts your natural oils, which can trigger serious beard and skin irritation.
- Parabens – These preservatives have been linked to allergies and the development of reproductive issues, obesity, and asthma. In addition to causing irritation or an allergic reaction, parabens are obviously terrible for your overall health.
- Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLES) – This is another detergent found in many traditional shampoos, and it has been found to be a carcinogen that can lead to bodily disease. A big no-no as far as beard wash is concerned.
- Polyethylene Glycol – Banned in California yet found in many low-quality shampoos, this ingredient is believed to interfere with human development.
- Fragrance – This one should just always be avoided on a product’s ingredients list. Always go for essential oils or organic ingredients that naturally-scent beard wash. Artificial fragrances are made up of over 3,000 chemicals, often resulting in allergies, skin irritation, cancer, asthma and other negative side effects.
Shampoo designed for your head doesn’t take proper care of your beard. Meant to strictly cleanse, most shampoos will strip natural oils from your beard and cause dryness, dandruff, and itchiness. The best beard shampoos will cleanse, hydrate, and soften your hair follicles with all-natural ingredients, taking care of both your hair and skin. While your budget is important, your overall health is worth more than a few dollars – invest in the highest-quality beard wash you can afford.
How Often Should You Wash Your Beard
Almost every guy wonders how often you should wash your beard with shampoo. The truth is that it depends, specifically on your body and facial hair. While the consensus is that you should wash your beard two to three times per week, some men with short beards can get away with washing less often and some guys with oily skin and hair should shampoo a bit more often.
While you don’t want to overdo it and dry out your beard or face, consider cleaning your beard a couple times a week and adjust according to how your beard and the skin underneath look and feel. If your facial hair looks greasy, think about washing your beard again.
Buy A Good Beard Shampoo
Our list of the best beard shampoos will definitely keep your facial hair and skin looking and feeling great. While not every guy is going to take the time to buy a good beard wash and conditioner, the ones that do will be rewarded with the sleekest beard styles around. If you’re ready to stimulate and maximize growth, make one of these beard products a part of your grooming routine and watch your facial hair grow long and thick without dandruff, itchiness, or any of the other aggravations that may stand in the way.